Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Giro Day Nineteen: What Are You Doing?

The way I am creating this work is to watch the RAI TV feed and then pause the video when something catches my eye.  I don't speak Italian so I am not always sure of what the commentators are talking about (I am getting better at understanding as the Giro goes on).  So when I paused this I couldn't figure out why Cavendish had come to the front of the peleton or why his fellow Omega Pharma Quickstep teammate had just swung off the front.  After finishing this piece and restarting the broadcast, I learned what was going on, one of the Intermediate Sprints was about 100 meters ahead of this image.  This is an original watercolor and ink painting and can be yours by visiting my artist website.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Giro%20d%20Italia/2153377---184157/Painting.html#.UaVWIc_D_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment