Sunday, May 26, 2013

Giro Final Day: The First Pedal with Anger

While watching the Italian TV broadcast, I thought this was the first attack on the finishing circuits, I need to improve on my Italian.  This Stefano Garzelli taking a farewell bow to the tifosi who have come to see the end of the 2013 Giro d'Italia.  I was trying to figure out why he or the peloton were not down in the drops (on the handlebars) but were riding rather relaxed.  After about a kilometer, he dropped back into the peloton and everyone got to the task at hand.  The title is a nod to Phil Legget a long time cycling commentator, who would refer to an attack as a "pedal turned in anger."  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard that can be yours by visiting my artist website.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Giro%20d%20Italia/2154599---184157/Painting.html#.Uaelt8_D_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment