Monday, June 17, 2013

Tour 2012: Arguing with the Director

The whole painting of cycling got started with the last Tour de France.  I have watched for years and follow the Tour as best I could since Eddy Merckx was winning the Tour (and everything else), but always felt like I wasn't making great use of my time.  I will admit to being a workaholic.  My wife, the actor Bridget Gethins, said, "Why not paint watercolors of the race?", and now this season the project of painting some of the Pro Tour races was launched.  I was taken by the image of the Director Sportif of Team Cannondale arguing with the race director over how their sprinter, Sagen, was working through the team cars in the caravan.  The riders are not allowed to draft off of the cars, so if they hang out to long in the car's slip stream, they can be fined, relegated or even disqualified.  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard that is available for purchase on my artist web site.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Tour%20de%20France%20Watercolors/1991557-29-24-171269/Painting/Sports.html#.Ub_QBc_D_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment