Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tour Stage Eighteen: Le Sommet du Monde

I am trusting Google to correctly translate, "On Top of the World", I know a little bit of French so I feel good about "du Monde".  But I am sure I feel no where near as good as Christophe Riblon who had been in the first break that got away at 17 kilometers.  To have the opportunity and ability to grab the coveted win atop the Alpe d'Huez and the long sought after win for the home team, moved him to tears of joy and fist pumbs of jubilation.  It should be noted that the last time the Tour climbed the storied Alpe, it was another Frenchman who crossed the line first, Pierre Rolland.  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard that is available for purchase at my artist website.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post to get your piece of the 100th Tour de France and the first victory for France. 

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Tour%20de%20France%202013/2183647---186227/Painting.html#.UfB79MvD_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment