Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Riding in the Fast Lane

In addition to the small cycling watercolors, I also do large scale Shiva Paintstik paintings on paper.  Actually, the Paintstik works came long before I started the project of painting cycling events live.  The large scale works like this one can be quite big, this one is 44"x52" and take considerably longer to create then the postcard sized watercolors.  The subject matter varies widely, but all of it reflects what I am interested in, figurative pieces are all slices of my life.  Many of them are created from remember moments in time.  The work can be very specific, but it frequently coveys an everyman perspective on life.  Regardless of where we are, we are all dealing with many of the very same issues.

This painting is entitled, "Riding in the Fast Lane".  For the large oil pieces, my wife, Bridget, is the one to create the titles.  She was once referred to as the "titler" in one of my exhibition reviews.  This piece is loosely based on one of my watercolors of the final stage of the Tour Down Under.

The painting is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are there, why not take the time to look at more of my figurative work.  To reach this painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Figurative%20Works/2508782-2-0-7216/Painting.html#.VNusLU05DIU

No comments:

Post a Comment