Saturday, June 6, 2015

One, Two: A Commissioned Piece of Cycling Art

This is another time when I get to geek out about how my cycling art is reaching out to the pro peloton and the world wide cycling community.  This painting was done as a commission for the Belgium rider, Kris Boeckmans (Lotto Soudal), winning a stage of the Tour de Picardie.  Kris has reached out to me on twitter (www.twitter.com/artofcycling).  This is the second image that he has a commissioned of him winning a race.  I am truly honored that these hard men in spandex actually enjoy and treasure my paintings.  I so enjoy what they are capable of doing.  I love to ride and long ago tried my hand at amateur racing.  I wasn't bad, but I know that I am a much better at making art  than I ever was a competitive cycling.  I think I will stick to club rides and painting that fast men doing what I could only dream of doing.

If you would like to commission a work for yourself.  Email me at greigsart@gmail.com and we can discuss the image, the size and the cost.  International shipping is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment