Thursday, October 22, 2015

Richmond 2015 UCI Worlds: Ready to Go

I was struck by just how relaxed these young women appeared as they waited for the start of their road race through the streets of Richmond, Virginia.  I am sure that all of the training and race experience helped Karlijn Swinkels and Aafke Soet (Netherlands) feel prepared, but I know that I was a bundle of nerves when I raced at this young age.  Not that I would have ever been able to dream of racing in the UCI World Road Racing Championships.  I had the good fortune of meeting most of the Dutch Junior Women's team and even after completing this race they were a very relaxed and joyful group of cyclists.

This is a small original watercolor created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushed from www.richesonart.com.  In addition, prints of this painting will be available through the Richmond Times Dispatch website at www.richmond.com, hopefully very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment