Monday, February 29, 2016

Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne: On Tiny Roads

The roads that the peloton are trying to squeeze onto in Belgium are smaller than the bike trails around my adoptive hometown of Richmond, Virginia.  I get nervous doing a group ride of thirty riders on the Capital Trail, so I can't image what it is like to ride out with almost 200 riders on these roads.  That alone would be enough to make me fight to be in an early break.  This group got away just after the end of the neutral zone.  Tucked onto the back of the group is Jaap De Man (Team3M), along with Bjorn Thurau (Wanty Group-Gobert) and Sebastien Turgot (AG2R) to mention a few of those laboring off the front of the peloton.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and many, many other pieces of cycling art are available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  And yes, international shipping is available.

Plus, I have just released my second book, this one entitled, Art of Cycling: Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championships.  Obviously, it focus on the 2015 Championships that took place here in Richmond, Virginia this past September and includes my paintings and writings on all of the races contested on the very streets that I ride every week.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Spring%20Classics%20/2721495-258-195767/Painting.html#.VtPpU_krLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment