Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dauphine, Stage 6: Breaking the Race Apart

While I understand that broadcasters only have so much time in the schedule to show all of the great events going on around the world, I sure wish I could have seen the battle that took place on the climb of the Col de la Madeleine.  Plus, that is a very beautiful climb when watch on a video screen (although I do hope to ride up it someday).  On the way up, Romain Bardet (Ag2r) hatched their plan that they hoped would put him into the Yellow Jersey by the end of the day.  Bardet took two of his teammates with him in the attack, Jan Bakelants and Mikael Cherel.  The other rider who was looking to get the jump on the peloton was Fabio Aru (Astana) who had the able assistance of his teammate, Luis Leon Sanchez.  Sanchez is encouraging Bakelants to push the pace to their mutual benefit.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson & Company.  This painting, along with all of my cycling art, is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are on the site, be sure to check out my other works of art and my two cycling books.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Bear in mind that this is a one of a kind original and once it is gone, it is gone.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Criterium%20du%20Dauphine/2806840-71-185083/Painting.html#.V1xgVvkrLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment