Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Eagerly Awaiting the Start of the Tour

I am pulling together all of the information that I need to write the blog post for the coming 2016 Tour de France.  I have just finished going through the Le Tour website and logging all of the stages, profile maps, distances, climbs and sprint towns, complete with how many kilometers left to race at each climb or sprint.  I am awaiting the assigning of bib numbers and final confirmation of who will be representing each team at the Grand Depart at Mont Saint Michele.

Be sure to check back for my paintings and blog post of every stage of the Tour, everyday that wheels roll on the Grand Boucle.

All of the paintings will be painted in real time (or as close to real time as possible) without knowing the results of each day of racing.  The artwork will be created using ink and Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors (available at www.richesonart.com).  After I have posted the art here on this blog, the work will be available for purchase through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  I will provide a direct link to each painting at the end of each co-responding post.

No comments:

Post a Comment