Thursday, July 14, 2016

Tour, Stage 12: Get Away from Me!

When I paint cycling (or the Olympics) I create the work live, or as close to live as possible.  Most notably, I make sure that I have no idea what has happened prior to where I am in the development of the race.  So when I painted this piece, I was focusing on, first, that Daniel Navarro (Cofidis) had dropped away and it was Thomas De Gendt (Lotto Soudal) that was on the front along with his countryman, Serge Pauwels (Dimension Data).  Secondly, I wanted to point out that Pauwels had raised his hand, but did not strike a fan that was getting in his face, yelling in his ear.  I point this out in reaction to Chris Froome (Sky) having struck an equally annoying and endangering fan in an earlier stage.  I had little idea that I was foreshadowing what was to come.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson & Company.  This painting, along with all of my cycling art, is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are on the site, be sure to check out my other works of art and my two cycling books.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Bear in mind that this is a one of a kind original and once it is gone, it is gone.

To buy this painting, follow this link:

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour%20de%20France%202016/2823784-86-224974/PaintingGet%20Away%20from%20Me!%20TdF85-Greig-Leach.html#.V4g1_7grLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment