Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tour, Stage 5, Kissing Yellow Goodbye

First, on the art side of this post, I realize that Peter Sagan (Tinkoff) is a bit out of scale.  But sometimes it is good to bend the rules, both in art and in life.  I feel that Sagan is already bigger than life and holding the Yellow Jersey for three days only increase his scale.  That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Now for the race...  Sagan found the fourth climb of the day up the Puy Marie, just one climb too many.  Add into the fatique of the kilometers spent going up and down with the hard pace being set at the front my Movistar and Team Sky, it was no surprise that the powerful Slovakian World Champion couldn't continue to hold the pace or the Maillot Jaune.  He can consul himself knowing that he will still be in possession of the Maillot Vert - his true goal for the Tour - at the end of the day.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson & Company.  This painting, along with all of my cycling art, is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are on the site, be sure to check out my other works of art and my two cycling books.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Bear in mind that this is a one of a kind original and once it is gone, it is gone.

To buy this painting, follow this link:  http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour%20de%20France%202016/2819872-31-224974/PaintingKissing%20Yellow%20Goodbye%20TdF31-Greig-Leach.html#.V32MW7grLIU


No comments:

Post a Comment