Friday, July 8, 2016

Tour, Stage 7: Gaining More Time

On a day when everyone thought that the main contenders of the Tour would gain time, or perhaps even take the Maillot Jaune of Greg Van Avermaet (BMC), it was Van Avermaet who had the last word.  As I said early, I don't know why the peloton allowed the Yellow Jersey to get into the early break, and then they let it start the climb up the Col d'Aspin with over five minutes!  Movistar and Team Sky seemed to be playing chicken with each other, one team hoping the other would put in the effort to bring the Belgium rider back into the fold.  With just a kilometer left to race, Van Avermaet has already added another couple of minutes to his lead over Julian Alaphilippe (Etixx-Quickstep) and the rest of the GC men.  Little did I know when I painted this, I had little idea that the final kilometer banner would have an impact on the story of the seventh stage of the 2016 Tour de France.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson & Company.  This painting, along with all of my cycling art, is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are on the site, be sure to check out my other works of art and my two cycling books.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Bear in mind that this is a one of a kind original and once it is gone, it is gone.

To buy this painting follow this link:

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour%20de%20France%202016/2821021-47-224974/PaintingGaining%20More%20Time%20TdF47-Greig-Leach.html#.V4AN7rgrLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment