Friday, August 12, 2016

Rio Olympics: At One with the Beam

The Russian gymnast Aliva Mustafina brings the woman to Women's Gymnastics.  While she may not have excelled in the pure athleticism of her competitors, she certainly brings grace and dance to the balance beam.  As my wife watched me paint this she felt like she had seen the pose in a painting in the Louvre.  I rest my case.  Mustafina was only able to repeat her Bronze Medal from 2012, a medal she won by a tie breaker, something not used in any of the other Olympic sports.  The loser on the tie breaker, Aly Raisman (USA).

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Summer%20Olympics/2836492-87-226051/PaintingAt%20One%20with%20the%20Beam%20Rio87-Greig-Leach.html#.V637u5grLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment