Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Rio Olympics: The Horse Jumped Over the Fence

The title is a nod to the old nursery rhymes... The cow jumped over the moon.  Philip Dutton (USA) and his horse didn't want to be out done by the cow, so they jumped over the fence.  I'm sorry, but it amuses me...  Dutton's jumped is just a small part of what helped him to claim the Bronze Medal in the Equestrian Individual Eventing today.  I have always loved the traditional red jackets of the fox hunt, so I am pleased that the Americans have opted for it as part of their equestrian uniform.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment