Saturday, August 20, 2016

Rio Olympics: Keeping Her Eye on the Ball

I wanted to take on this image because I wasn't at all sure I could do it.  A big part of this project of painting the Olympics has been an exercise in drawing the figure, an act that comprises almost all of my artwork.  See what else I have done as you browse my website.  This is the ball routine of the leader of the Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics competition after the first two events. Ganna Rizatdinova (Ukraine) chose to have the color of her ball make a nice chromatic contrast to her costume.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Remember this is an original work of art, so once it has been sold, it is gone.  Don't delay buy it now!

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Summer%20Olympics/2839939-182-226051/PaintingKeeping%20Her%20Eye%20on%20the%20Ball%20Rio182-Greig-Leach.html#.V7f965grLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment