Monday, October 17, 2016

Doha 2016: Elite Men's Road Race: Getting Established

Yes, I realize now that I didn't write the title correctly.  Believe me I am far more interested in making the image work than I am about grammar and spelling.  In my defense, it was already late when I got started watching and painting the men's race, so I hope you can forgive me.

The peloton was facing over 257 kilometers, many of which would be raced in the open desert, so they didn't exactly fly off of the line today.  At roughly ten kilometers into the day, a group of seven guys managed to pry a bit of a gap off the front of the peloton.  The South African, Nick Dougall, takes a quick peek over his shoulder to see what their advantage has become.  Behind him, Ryan Roth (Canada), Natnael Berhane (Eritrea), Sergiy Lagkuti (Ukraine) Brayan Stiven Ramirez (Colombia) and Anas Ait El Abdia (Morocco) tuck in and work to grow their advantage.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Doha%202016%20UCI%20Road%20World%20Championships/2866397-57-227958/PaintingGetting%20Established%20Doha57-Greig-Leach.html#.WATxSeArLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment