Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ronde van Vlaanderen: Still Chasing at 5K

I can only assume that Dylan Van Baarle (Cannondale-Drapac) and Greg Van Avermaet (BMC) were surprised that Philippe Gilbert was able to hold them off with five kilometers left to race.  The third member of this group, Niki Terpstra (Quickstep) had the job of monitoring the others and to not assist in the chase.  With his teammate up the road, he wasn't going to help the others to catch him.  And in the unlikely event that Gilbert gets caught, Terpstra would have the freshest legs and could then take the win for the team.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

It seems that the gremlins have reappeared in my interface with technology.  I am unable to upload the artwork to my website so if you are interested in purchase this piece please email me at greigsart@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment