Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ronde van Vlaanderen: Together in Misery

It seems that it was not only Tom Boonen (Quickstep) that was having some rough luck on the rough pave of Flanders.  At first it appeared that a fan's jacket had caught Oliver Naesen's (Ag2r La Mondiale) wheel, but looking closer, it was Peter Sagan (Bora Hansgrohe) who had clipped the banners hanging from the barriers along the side of the race course.  Also tangled up in the crash was Greg Van Avermaet (BMC).  Van Avermaet was the first to jump back onto his bike and rejoin the race.  Sagan had a bit more trouble getting underway.  I never did figure out what happened to the Frenchman, Naesen.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

It seems that the gremlins have reappeared in my interface with technology.  I am unable to upload the artwork to my website so if you are interested in purchase this piece please email me at greigsart@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment