Sunday, May 28, 2017

Giro, Final Stage: Well, That's Done

Tejay van Garderen (BMC) had neither the race, nor the time trials that he had hoped for in the Giro.  He as able to get a stage win, which did quite a bit to ease the pain of the disappointment.  BMC didn't exactly get what they were looking for either, it went wrong when their strongman Rohan Dennis was forced to abandon the race after a crash early on.  I hadn't seen the crash, nor did I catch when he withdrew.  I have been watching the race in Italian, a language I do not speak, so I have missed some of the details that occured off camera.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

With the racing of the 100th Giro d'Italia, I am crowd funding my third cycling art book through Kickstarter.  I could use your support in helping this book get made, please consider backing the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1335072134/art-of-cycling-100th-giro-ditalia.  This will be just one of the hundred plus paintings that will be included. With Kickstarter, if there is not a 100% funded, no one is charged a dime, and the project recieves 0% funding.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/100th-Giro-dItalia/2974360-145-235247/PaintingWell,-That's-Done-G17-153.html

No comments:

Post a Comment