Thursday, May 25, 2017

Giro, Stage 18: Coming Right

I try to remain neutral as I paint the various races, but I must admit that I am a fan of the American Tejay van Garderen (BMC).  I was yelling at my computer screen as he and Mikel Landa (Sky) came up to the finish in Pontives.  While I had considered that the pair may have made a deal allowing Landa to take the mountain points along the way and van Garderen would take the stage, but given the effort in the last couple of hundred meters, it was a true full on race to the line.  Van Garderen had high hopes at the start of this Giro, but as he said, his body let him down in the early stages of the race.  He was in tears after the finish with the relief of the victory.  The American normally fades in a three week stage race, but he has certainly reverse that trend on this stage.  Landa is close to carrying the Maglia Azzurro all the way to Milan after today's effort.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

With the racing of the 100th Giro d'Italia, I am crowd funding my third cycling art book through Kickstarter.  I could use your support in helping this book get made, please consider backing the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1335072134/art-of-cycling-100th-giro-ditalia.  This will be just one of the hundred plus paintings that will be included. With Kickstarter, if there is not a 100% funded, no one is charged a dime, and the project recieves 0% funding.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/100th-Giro-dItalia/2972356-123-235247/PaintingComing-Right-G17-131.html

No comments:

Post a Comment