Thursday, May 11, 2017

Giro, Stage 6: Down the Other Side

I am convinced the race organizers picked this climb just for this piece of architecture on the descent of Fuscaldo.  They also padded the stone walls with some bright orange pads - they remind me of gym mattes from my high school days long, long ago.  Given the speed the break away was reaching on the descent, a mistake without the pads could be fatal, even with them it wouldn't feel great.  On the climb Mads Pedersen (Trek-Segafredo) had sacraficed himself for his teammate, Jasper Stuyven.  Simone Andreetta (Bardiani-CSF), Lukas Postlberger (Bora-Hansgrohe) and Silvan Dillier (BMC) were still with the man from Trek-Segafredo.  I often wonder how much of the gorgeous scenery the racers are able to enjoy.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

With the start of the Giro d'Italia, I am crowd funding my third cycling art book through Kickstarter.  I could use your support in making this book get made, please consider supporting the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1335072134/art-of-cycling-100th-giro-ditalia.  This will be just one of the hundred plus paintings that will be included.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/100th-Giro-dItalia/2965097-40-235247/PaintingDown-the-Other-Side-G17-41.html

No comments:

Post a Comment