Monday, September 25, 2017

Bergen 2017, Elite Men's Road Race: No Time to Stop

Just as the early break was caught by the peloton, they were all riding through the feed zone.  Conor Dunne figure now was a good time to grab lunch, he is only about half way through the 259 kilometer race.  When I was racing amateur, I always thought I was too tall to make a serious go of racing (plus I wasn't winning every time I went out, either), but Dunne is the tallest professional cyclist by far.  He stands at 6' 8", so tall that I couldn't even fit his head into the painting!  The course had two feed zones where riders could attempt to grab bidons and musettes from the soigneurs since going to the team cars would expend too much energy.  The size of this peloton, 196 riders, meant the caravan was a long, long way away.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Bergen-2017-UCI-Road-World-Championships/3038026-50-239826/PaintingNo-Time-to-Stop--Bergen-50.html

No comments:

Post a Comment