Monday, September 11, 2017

Vuelta, Stage 17: Grupo Perseguidor

The rest of my paintings and writings on La Vuelta a Espana will have to fit into the better late than never catagory.  I have had work, medical issues, and a mural project that have put me behind in watching and painting the race.  Shhh, don't tell me any of the results, I will continue to approach the stages as though they are live.  I don't want knowledge of how it all ends to influence what I choose to paint.  I have my guesses, but I don't want them confirmed.

With two big climbs at the end of the stage, and four guys up the road, Davide Villella (Cannondale-Drapac) and Julian Alaphilippe (Quickstep) jumped clear of the peloton in hopes of bridging across to the front group.  It looked like the Sky lead peloton was going to sit back a bit today, so a break seemed to have a good chance of succeeding for stage honors.  Plus, Villella is doing all he can to keep his polka dot jersey all of the way to Madrid.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Vuelta-2017/3030078-36-239162/PaintingGrupo-Perseguidor-V-37.html

No comments:

Post a Comment