Tuesday, January 30, 2018

An Artist Is Always Working

Just because the Tour Down Under is over, and the Classics haven't yet started, doesn't mean I don't have anything going on in the studio.  I make art because I love to, and because I can't imagine doing anything else (with the possible exception of riding my bike). 

This is an 8"x10" piece of stained glass that I created for our grand daughter who should be born in the next couple of days.  Her name is Alister Violet, so I thought creating an image of stars and violets was appropriate.  The skull goes with the tattoos that adorn both of her parents.  And I see the skull as a symbol of power and longevity.

You can learn more about this piece, see others and purchase work at my Etsy site, https://www.etsy.com/shop/ColorLineGlassPaint 

I'll be back in the studio tomorrow.  And I'll be back painting cycling in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment