Friday, January 19, 2018

Tour Down Under, Stage 4: Superman

Few will argue that Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) is a super man when it comes to cycling.  Sagan had gone on the attack on the descent with about three kilometers left to go.  He was pulled back by several different teams including BMC, Astana and Mitchelton-Scott.  Not to be deterred, he caught his breath, took a drink and got ready to go again.  Daryl Impey (Mitchelton-Scott) launched his sprint first, but was caught by the three time UCI Road World Champion.  Luis Leon Sanchez (Astana) rounded out the top three.  It was  Sagan's teammate, Jay McCarthy claiming fifth on the day.  Sagan's sprint was enough to put him in the Ochre Jersey of race leader by just two seconds over Impey.

I was amused to notice that I had forgot to sign and title this piece.  When I painted the Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championships, live in downtown Richmond, I had gotten caught up in the moment of Sagan's win and not signed his victory salute painting.  So it is fitting that I didn't sign his first win of the 2018 Pro Tour season calender.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. To purchase this artwork, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  And yes, international shipping is available.

My website is down for matainence, so I will post links later.  In the mean time, if you really want this painting, just email me at greigsart@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment