Monday, July 23, 2018

Tour, Stage 15: A Little Cat & Mouse


As it would be expected, the three riders with teammates in the final leading group, were who was able to come to the line to contest the sprint.  The two without were out gunned in the closing kilometers.  The trio of Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo), Magnus Cort Nielsen (Astana) and Jon Izaguirre (Bahrain-Merida) had time in hand to shadow each other prior to launching the sprint.  Izaquirre took a peek back over his shoulder, making sure the others were closing in in the final couple of hundred meters.  As Mollema looked back, Nielsen opened up his sprint.  After playing cat and mouse, forcing Nielsen to go from the front, it was still the Dane that out sprinted the others for victory.  That now gives Astana back to back stage wins going into the final rest day of the Tour.  Had I been able to stay caught up, I could be enjoying the rest day myself.  This rest day falls on my birthday this year.  Last year I got to watch the final stage in Paris as I celebrated my 60th.  This year is a bit more calm, for the peloton and myself.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available though my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Since it is an original it is first come first served.  The painting was created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 plus shipping. And yes, international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour-de-France-2018/3192263-82-251072/PaintingA-Bit-of-Cat-&-Mouse--T18-81.html

No comments:

Post a Comment