Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tour, Stage 9: Working Together

Just as I started to write this post I realized that the title might be a misdirection.  I was referring to Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) collaborating with Alberto Contador (Tinkoff).  Both riders are Spanish and the Tour started today in their native land, on the Spanish side of the Pyrenean mountains.  The riders will then head into Andorra and not return to France until Tuesday after the rest day tomorrow.  Once I looked harder at the image, I realized that Contador's teammate, Peter Sagan, was just ahead of the Spanish duo, so the title could refer to the two Tinkoff riders that were working together.  Sagan set of today to reclaim his Maillot Vert the way that he usual wins it by the time he reaches Paris, by claiming the intermediate sprint points on the mountain stages.  If he is successful in staying away until the sprint, and winning it in Andorra la Vielle, he would still trail Mark Cavendish (Dimension Data) by two points in the sprinter's competition.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson & Company.  This painting, along with all of my cycling art, is available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  While you are on the site, be sure to check out my other works of art and my two cycling books.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Bear in mind that this is a one of a kind original and once it is gone, it is gone.

Be sure to check out my second cycling art book, Art of Cycling: Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championships, available online or through your local book seller.

To buy this painting, follow this link:

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour%20de%20France%202016/2822062-57-224974/PaintingWorking%20Together%20TdF57-Greig-Leach.html#.V4LBGLgrLIU


No comments:

Post a Comment