Monday, March 22, 2021

Milano-Sanremo 2021, Ready for a Long Effort


 Milano-Sanremo is known as the longest race of the year, a complete race of 299 kilometers with another 7 kilometers of a neutral roll out.  This year the broadcasters decided it would be a good idea to show the race from start to finish.  I confess, I did skip some sections of the race.  Hell, I even took a break and went out for a sixty kilometer ride myself.  After all, it was a beautiful, mild, Sunday afternoon.  Yes, yes, I know the race was held on Saturday, but I couldn't get enough time together to paint the race until Sunday.  The early break got away at just six kilometers with seven guys, an eigth joined a little bit later on.  Included in this painting are Nicola Conci (Trek-Segafredo), two riders from Novo Nordisk (the team composed of riders whom all have type II diabetes); Andrea Peron and Charles Planet, and Taco Van Der Hoorn (Intermache-Wanty-Gobert).  It is unlikely that they will all stay away for the remaining 289 kilometers but it could happen... it didn't.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow th edirect link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since ti is an original work of art, it is a first come first seved reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburth watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Spring-Classics-2021/3801704-12-290150/Painting/ready-for-a-long-effort-sr21-1.html

2 comments:

  1. Novo Nordisk is Type 1 diabetes. That's the insulin-dependent kind, like my son has.
    Great work. I'm keeping my eye on your women's events this year. Time to balance out my portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction. I hope your son is doing as well as these guys are. I painted the Strade Bianche Donne, and they are both here and on the website (greigleach.com). I will be painting the women in both Ronde Van Vlaanderen and Paris Roubaix.

      Delete