Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Commissioned paintings of the Tour or just the roads of the Tour

This painting is a reworking of the very first piece of the 102nd Tour de France.  The original, still available on my website at www.greigleach.com had an inaccuracy that an Eritrean was quick to point out.
Can you spot the difference on the back of Daniel Teklehaimanot's jersey?  My Eritrea friend asked that I created a larger painting (9"x12") that included the flag waving fans at the start, along with the correct flag on the back of the first black African on an African registered team to race in the Tour de France.  Teklehaimanot went on to become the first Eritrean (or black African) to wear any of the leaders' jerseys in the Tour.  He was the leader in the King of the Mountains competition for two days.
 
 
The other piece I completed today was for a fan of my art and of cycling who lives in Spain.  He had sent me a photograph of him riding up the fabled Alpe d'Huez.  A feat that I have added to my bucket list, not that I am very good on the steep climbs here on the East Coast of the United States. 
 
You, too, could commission a painting of your favorite cycling event, be it the Pro's or yourself.  Just send me an email with an attached photograph and let's get to work.  My email address, I hear you ask.  greigsart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment