Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dauphine Stage Seven: Making Sure

Sammy Sanchez was raising his hands in a victory salute when he thought, "I'd better make sure he isn't going to jump me at the line."  He takes a quick look behind him just to make sure the victory is his to celebrate.  This is a wise move, it has happened that a victory salute taken too early has allowed another charging competitor to snag the win.  A little bit nasty of a thing to do, but then all is fair in love and bike racing (although I hope we can now excluding doping from what is considered fair).  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard that is available through my artist website.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post, but act quickly, I am sure there are a lot of Sanchez fans out there that will want this.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Criterium%20du%20Dauphine/2162041---185083/Painting.html#.UbvSEc_D_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment