Thursday, March 6, 2014

My side step from cycling into painting the Olympics

I took the most of the month of May to paint the games of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.  While I am an undoubtable fan of cycling, I have always enjoyed watching the Olympics particularly the Winter Games.  34 years ago will watching the Olympics, I turned to the young woman sitting next to me and asked if she wanted to get married.  Her response, "When?"  We have been together now for 34 years, married for just shy of the same number of years.   And have enjoyed watching the Games together for all of that time.  With her brilliant ideas to drive my creativity I started painting both the 2012 Tour de France and immediately after the Summer Olympics in London and that what launched this whole blog and my chronicling sports with my watercolors and brushes.  The link below is a video slide show of all of the paintings I created set to music by our good friend, Deni Bonet and it was assembled by our nephew, Gabriel Sullivan.
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment