Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Volta Catalunya Stage 2: Trying to Stay Dry

Professional cyclist spent an inordinate amount of time on their bikes, often 6 to 8 hours a day, so it is an extension of their bodies.  It is as easy for them to dress or undress on a rainy road at 40 kph as it is for you or I to change a jacket while walking down the street.  I, however, don't have that much confidence that I won't hit the pavement if I were to try this.  Here it is Michael Koch (Cannondale) pulling on a rain cape in hopes of keeping out the relentless cold rain that accompanied is fellow break away companions on the road to Gerona.  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard that could be yours by visiting my artist website, www.greigleach.com, or you could just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Spring%20Classics%202014/2335047---195767/Painting.html#.UzI1WMvD_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment