Sunday, October 4, 2020

LBL Femmes, Trying to Cross Alone


 Realizing that the seven chasers were never going to get organized and chase down the lone leader, Grace Brown (Mitchelton-Scott) attacked her erstwhile companions.  Brown hope to be able to cross the gap to Lizzie Diegnan (Trek-Segafredo) on her own.  She had enough of a gap on the others that she didn't need to worry about taking someone forward who would only out sprint her in the end.  Alas, Brown never caught Diegnan, but was just a mere 10 seconds behind the winning Brit by the time they reached the line in Liege.  The rest of the chasers sprinted it out over a minute later with one of Diegnan's teammates taking third.  I am always concerned watching the peloton race on these Belgium cement slap roads, the center gap looks to be a tire eater and sure to cause an awful crash.  Thankfully, I have yet to see it happen.  I, however, have had a rather spectacular crash in a tram track while riding in Berlin.  I was fortunate enough to have taken my helmet with me, but I did put quite the gash in my right ear.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow th edirect link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since ti is an original work of art, it is a first come first seved reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburth watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/2020-Bike-Racing-Revised-Season/3714922-21-280747/Painting/trying-to-cross-alone-lbl20-4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment