Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Paris Roubaix 23: Onto Another Sector


The pair of Jonas Koch (Bora-Hansgrohe) and Juri Holman (Movistar) were the first to escape off the front of the peloton.  So they were the first to hit Sector 24 with enough of a gap that the flotilla of press and race motorcycles was allowed to slot in behind them.  I loved the image of the foreshortening that shows the arch announcing the entrance into this sector in the background enough that I felt it was worthy of being captured in watercolors.  That is part of my selection process of what I chose to paint.  I look for images that tell the story of the race, but then I also look for a captivating image as well.  After all, this is also about making art.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $90 USD including shipping, but yes international shipping is both available and extra.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Spring-Classics-/3945231-530-195767/Painting/onto-another-sector-pr23-10.html

No comments:

Post a Comment