Wednesday, September 30, 2026

2026 UCI Worlds; Montreal Women's Elite: Still Off the Front




I had hoped to be able to paint this year's UCI Road World Championships in Montreal live on site as I did back in 2015 in Richmond, Virginia, but alas I couldn't make it happen.  Then, other projects pushed me out of being able to create the works live - although I now know that YouTube makes that possible had I not had another art project that was time specific.  Anyway...

The women's race was upset by a large crash that took out many of the favorites, including the Canadian defending World Champion Magdeleine Valliers.  With the peloton trying to get itself sorted without race radios, this duo of Natalie Quinn (USA) and Marte Berg Edseth (Norway) were able to build on their lead.  They had dropped several others on the second climb up Mont Royal.  With six more laps and another 97 kilometers to race it was rather doubtful that they would stay clear to the finish, but they do have almost a minute and a half over the chasing peloton.  There were caught around 23 kilometers later.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the top of this post to purchase this painting. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $99 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

Learn more about Greig Leach at The Art of Cycling: About the Artist: Greig Leach

And learn about Leach's published books at The Art of Cycling: Cycling Books by Greig Leach

Learn More About the Artist → 


No comments:

Post a Comment