Friday, August 12, 2016

Rio Olympics: Leaping for Art

I look back at this painting that I did rather late last night and I can tell that I was running out of steam.  I have now created 89 watercolors of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games and I am beginning to tire just a bit.  Apparently I didn't have enough left in the tank to cover the right side of the page.  That being said, it is still a wonderful composition of a wonderful moment in the Women's Gymnastics All Around.  Aly Raisman (USA) who had lost out on a medal in London to Aliva Mustafina (Russia) due to a tie breaker rule, made sure their would be not repeat of that heart break.  Her floor exercise was flawless after her equally brilliant balance beam.  She couldn't quite catch her teammate Simone Biles for the Gold, but she scored a very convincing Silver Medal, solidly distancing Mustafina, who took home another Bronze.  As soon as she had finished her routine, Raisman broke into tears of relief and joy at her medal worthy performance.

To be fair, I did take a post midnight drive out to the country to watch the meteor showers.  That to was a beautiful show.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Summer%20Olympics/2836500-89-226051/PaintingLeaping%20for%20Art%20Rio89-Greig-Leach.html#.V64AnZgrLIU

No comments:

Post a Comment