Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bergen 2017, U23 Individual Time Trial: Going Left

The landscape around Bergen, and the city itself as been a real treasure to see during these races.  When I was painting the Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championships, I knew every inch of road that the riders were traversing and had ridden them all as well.  Here in Bregen, I don't have that local knowledge, so I can't tell you why the road splits around this building, but I can enjoy painting it.  The Luxemberger, Tobias Wirtgen, was charging back down to the finish line hoping to post a medal worthy time at the line.  When he did arrive he slotted into the Bronze Medal position.  He stayed in the third hot seat until the finish of the third to last rider, thus ending his day just off of the podium.

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Bergen-2017-UCI-Road-World-Championships/3034581-14-239826/PaintingGoing-Left--Bergen-14.html

No comments:

Post a Comment