Sunday, May 26, 2013

Giro Final Day (and the final painting): Done and Dusted

Quoting Phil Leggit again, "Done and dusted" is his description for something behind all finished.  While I have not worked as hard, suffered as much or been as cold as the valiant warriors of the two wheels, I am thrilled to have taken on the Giro and happy to have painted the final painting of the final stage.  Mark Cavendish remained calm and focused as Cannondale swamped him and his lead out man.  He just tucked in behind waited for his moment and then showed why he now has five victories in the 2013 Giro d'Italia.  This is an original watercolor and ink postcard and is available for purchase in a 3 day auction on ebay.  Just follow the direct link at the end of this post, but hurry, the  auction  begins as soon as this post is published.

This is the last for the Giro.  I planned to paint one race between now and the Tour de France.  I haven't decided on which race, although I am leaning towards the Criterium Dauphine, I would welcome any suggestions.  Please leave a comment if you have an idea which June race would be best.

This painting is sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment