Monday, May 27, 2013

Over the Top


In addition to the watercolors that I have used for the 2013 Giro d'Italia project, I work with Shiva Paintstiks.  In fact, they are my primary medium.   The paintstiks are a drawing form of oil paint that I mix right on the surface of the paper, no solvents, brushes or palettes, everything happens as the painting comes to life.  This work is based on watercolor sketch that I did while watching the 2012 Tour de France.  My work is about color and the interplay of shape and form, color and light and composition.  I enjoy the narrative element, intrinsically I am a story teller, but my words are color, shape, texture and form.  This painting is 42"x52" and is available for purchase through my artist web site, www.greigleach.com, look around or follow this direct link, http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Figurative%20Works/2137701-1-0-7216/Painting/Figurative.html#.UaOBHc_D_IU

No comments:

Post a Comment