Monday, September 11, 2017

Vuelta, Stage 17: I Flicked My Elbow

I should explain the title.  When a rider is either ready to pull off of the front, or is trying to encourage those behind to take over the pace making, he will flip his elbow out to the side as a signal for those behind to move forward.  When I am on group rides I will usual tap my butt to indicate the same intention, but the pro peloton is moving a lot quicker and sometimes it is unwise to remove a hand from the handlebars.  Stefan Denifi (Aqua Blue Sport) has just swung off of the front on the first of the two climbs of the day, and seems a bit displeased with how long it is taking Daniel Moreno (Movistar) to take over the pace making.  On the Spaniard's wheel is Julian Alaphilippe (Quickstep), Alessandro de Marchi (BMC) and finally, Magnus Cort (Orica Scott).

This is a small watercolors and ink painting measuring just 4"x6" and was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from www.richesonart.com.  This painting and all of my Olympics artwork will be available through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  It is only $75 USD and international shipping is available.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Vuelta-2017/3030088-37-239162/PaintingI-Flicked-My-Elbow-V-38.html

No comments:

Post a Comment