Sunday, July 21, 2019

Tour, Stage 15: Easy as Pie


This evening while photographing these watercolors I started laughing out loud.  It struck me that I had named this piece "Easy as Pie" and then thought that this is Simon Yates (Mitchelton-Scott).  Now what amused me was the thought of the nursey rhyme, "Simple Simon was a Pie Man."  Well, I thought it was funny.  Yates had the time to get his kit just so for the photographers as he claimed his second mountain top finish in this year's Tour.  Yates is the only other rider besides the Maillot Jaune to have one a second stage.  I believe that leaves us at thirteen different stage winners in fifteen stages, and still no clear indication on who will wear the final Yellow Jersey in Paris in a week's time.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available though my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of this post.  Since it is an original it is first come first served.  The painting was created using Yarka St Petersburg watercolors from Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 plus shipping. And yes, international shipping is available.

Be sure to check out my daily videos on You Tube.  If you enjoy what you see on the channel, please subscribe.  I need to get over a hundred subscribers so I can name the channel, "Art of Cycling"

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/Tour%20de%20France%202019/3363392-87-263530/Easy%20as%20Pie%20%20TDF19-87.html

No comments:

Post a Comment