Monday, August 3, 2026

Tour Femmes '26: Stage 3: Alone with Her Thoughts


At this point, another 57 kilometers to race, Sigrid Ytterhus Haugset (Uno X-Mobility) had been attacking off the front for fifty-six kilometers, thirty-one of those alone like she is now.  She has built up well over four minutes on the peloton.  She does have one lone chaser who is a bit shy of two minutes behind her.  Should this succeed, it will be the longest sole effort in the Tour de France Femmes.  I suspect it is much longer than any of Tadej Pogacar.  One of the reasons I love to go out alone on a ride is to spend time with my own thoughts.  I am quite sure she had plenty of time to think.  I am sure a big thought was can I actually do this?

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $99 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

Purchase this painting here: "Alone with Her Thoughts TdFF26-14" (Original art by Greig Leach)

Learn more about Greig Leach at The Art of Cycling: About the Artist: Greig Leach

And learn about Leach's published books at The Art of Cycling: Cycling Books by Greig Leach

Learn More About the Artist →  

No comments:

Post a Comment