I missed all of the controversy about a single turn on the final climb of stage 8 of the Tour de France Femmes. Kasia Niewiadoma (Canyon/SRAM) had accused FDJ United-Suez of intentionally blocking her when their leader attacked on the final climb. As I watched it, I felt that while it was unfortunate that she could respond to the attack, she had chosen the wrong line into the corner. I put it down to frustration and fatigue. At the start of today's final stage of the race both she and Demi Vollering (FDJ United-Suez) seemed to have a rather lengthy conversation. While we won't know what was set, I like to think that they settled their differences and decided to let their legs do the talking. In her post race interview... perhaps not. Ahead of these two was Marlen Reusser (Movistar) who sits in third place and had lost her Maillot Jaune to Niewiadoma along with her teammate, Paula Ostiz. Behind the top three of the Tour Femmes is Kim Le Court-Pienaar (AG Insurance-Soudal). I wonder how much of the argument will fuel the racing today.
This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $99 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.
Purchase this painting here: "Are We Good? TdFF26-56" (Original art by Greig Leach)
Learn more about Greig Leach at The Art of Cycling: About the Artist: Greig Leach
And learn about Leach's published books at The Art of Cycling: Cycling Books by Greig Leach

No comments:
Post a Comment