Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Tour Femmes '26, Stage 5: Chasing the Tail


With seventy-eight kilometers to race, the peloton stretched out into a long single-file line as it started up yet another climb.  As she crossed a small bridge (I always know the descent is over once I cross a bridge) Nadia Gontova (Liv-Alula-Jayco) struggled to hold onto the tail of the speeding peloton.  I had thought of a dog chasing its tail, but I didn't want to go there with the title.  I wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand me nor my admiration for these amazing athletes.  Sometimes, I know when to keep my thoughts to myself - oops, I guess not always.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $99 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

Purchase this painting here: "Chasing the Tail TdFF26-27" (Original art by Greig Leach)

Learn more about Greig Leach at The Art of Cycling: About the Artist: Greig Leach

And learn about Leach's published books at The Art of Cycling: Cycling Books by Greig Leach

Learn More About the Artist →   

No comments:

Post a Comment