Friday, August 2, 2024

Paris Olympics 2024, Women's Gymnastics Individual All Around: Full of Joy


In her post event interview Suni Lee (USA) was asked about her performance after winning the Bronze Medal.  She had some troubles in the early rotations, so her response was a lesson to us all.  "I was sure I had no chance for a medal, so I just went out and enjoyed myself."  It showed.  She has had many setbacks that I wrote about earlier, so I imagine that the possibility of not winning an individual medal was a big issue to her.  My hat is off to her to remain that cool, and to do it with that many cameras clicking and whirring away in the background.  Not to mention the TV cameras everywhere, the fans and celebrities filling the venue and all of us watching on various media outlets.  And all that, and she still came away with the Bronze.  Not too shabby.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra. 

"Full of Joy PO24-51" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment