Monday, August 19, 2024

Tour de France Femmes '24, Final Stage: Fighting to Keep Yellow


It wasn't until I saved this painting to my computer that I discovered that I had already used this title.  That was a different woman in the yellow jersey that time.  But how else could I describe the burst of speed that Katarzyna Niewiadoma (Canyon/SRAM) put in when she went under the flame rouge, just as Demi Vollering had done almost a minute earlier.  I don't doubt that her director sportif had told her she would need to do the same if she was going to keep the gap under a minute to the pair that were sure to win the stage.  On the Maillot Jaune's wheel is the Frenchwoman Evita Muzic (FDJ-Suez) who is hoping to move up the general classification although it is unlikely she will be able to get onto the final podium.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above. Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The work sells for $95 USD including shipping, but, yes, international shipping is both available and extra.

"Fighting to Keep Yellow TdFF24-44" (Original art by Greig Leach)

No comments:

Post a Comment