Saturday, May 16, 2015

Giro Stage 8: The View from the Back

Most of the peloton is working way too hard to be able to take in the incredibly beautiful surroundings that they labor through.  I didn't catch the name of this Cathedral, I hadn't decided to capture the peloton spinning by the edifice until after the TV Broadcast had told me all about it.  I do enjoy the travelogue aspects of the Grand Tours almost as much as I enjoy the racing.  Well honestly, I enjoy the racing considerably more that the scenery, but it is nice to see.  Jussi Veikkanen (FDJ), the National Champion of Finland, seems to be spending his entire Giro hanging around the back end of the peloton.  Perhaps he is using this Giro to prepare for the Tour de France.

This is a small original watercolor and ink painting that was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors and Steve Quiller brushes from Jack Richeson and Company, www.richesonart.com.  They are a lovely small family run art supply company that has some of my favorite media.  The painting is also available for purchase through my artist website at www.greigleach.com.  To purchase this particular painting, just follow the direct link at the end of this post.  But don't delay, these are original one of a kind paintings and when it is gone, it is gone.

http://www.greigleach.com/large-view/Giro%20d%20Italia/2555142---184157/Painting.html#.VVfcDCFViko

No comments:

Post a Comment