Thursday, July 15, 2021

TDF, Stage 18: Get on My Wheel


I so identified with this moment in the early kilometers of the stage today.  I have been caught by some riders behind while on a century ride.  They came up behind and as they approached they called out, "Get on our wheel!"  Giving me a long draft until I was able to pull my own weight.  Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-Quick Step) had gone off the front in hopes of joining the three guys up the road.  He was stuck in the middle until Pierre-Luc Perichon (Cofidis) caught up with the World Champion.  As Perichon came by, he tapped Alaphilippe on the back and told him to grab his wheel.  The two Frenchmen then crossed to the leaders on the road.  Ironically, it wasn't long before Perichon lost the wheels of the break but Alaphilippe was able to press on with the effort.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at greigleach.com or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available. 

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/2021-Tour-de-France/3824217-115-291436/Painting/get-on-my-wheel-tdf21-114.html

No comments:

Post a Comment