Sunday, July 11, 2021

TDF, Stage 15: Running with the Devil


I realize the title really should be, "The Devil Is Running with Them" but I was going for the song title.  Or at least I think it is a song title.  It is certainly a common phrase for hanging with a bad crowd.  I wonder how David Gaudu (Groupama-FDJ), Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) and Sepp Kuss (Jumbo Visma) felt when they looked over to see the Devil running along side them.  Dieter "Didi" Senft has been dressing as the devil and leaping wildly as the peloton races by in the mountains for as long as I can remember.  So it was just a little odd to see him running instead of jumping insanely high for a man of his years (hell, for anyone who isn't a gymnast). I feel like I have seen the Tour now that I have seen Didi.  There were other contenders still in this break away going past the Devil, but I liked this composition for the painting.

Side note: The Devil is still wearing a mask to help stop the spread of Covid.

This is a small 4x6 inch original watercolor painting that is available through my website at www.greigleach.com, or you can simply follow the direct link at the end of the post to purchase the painting above.  Since it is an original work of art, it is a first come first served reality. The painting was created using Yarka St. Petersburg watercolors from www.Richesonart.com. The work sells for $75 USD plus shipping, and yes international shipping is available.

https://www.greigleach.com/large-multi-view/2021-Tour-de-France/3823342-96-291436/Painting/running-with-the-devil-tdf21-95.html

No comments:

Post a Comment